Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Vino Veritas

A Latin proverb says "In Vino Veritas" the meaning is "the truth is in wine", in other words wine makes you to tell the truth. Let's make a test now. I'm inviting you to drink wine tonight, whichever is your favourite red or white, rose, it's fine. Oh no! There is no wine just you said, so find an alternative drink. Well, just drink few cup of it and find a crying/confession wall of yours (preferably a non big mouth fond friend). Start telling the truth, the truth that makes you whatever you feel like to tell (or the "wine" makes you to tell). No guarantee afterwards how you might feel like; relieved, great, honest, proud or little, guilty, silly or maybe in another mood that now i cannot bring it up to my mind ...

I have been working on this title for a few days since I received my new electrical pencil sharpener, no more lead breaks, it works great! I am in the ugly stage of painting now. I would like to give you an idea about how I build the painting with coloured pencils. it's quite slow process, layers and layers of work. I used seven skin tone colours up to this point; they were cream, light cream, light peach, jasmin, Deco pink, pink rose, beige.


Work in progress
"In Vino Veritas" (The truth is in wine)
Prismacolor premium pencils


In the studio, Gran Canaria, August 2009

We left the half of the week behind us, see you soon, have an artsy and winy days...



* Click on the images to see them larger.
* Click on COMMENTS to leave an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment