Tuesday, July 7, 2015

How to paint en plein air in the windy season

Last week I was very busy working at the studio and outside as well. We are in the windy season in our neighborhood, I tried to draw outside but it was almost impossible. So, I decided to work from the balcony and inside from our car. (see pics below) I used oil pastels and watercolors medium. Oil pastel technique is much more time consuming process than the watercolors. So, I had to work one hour for the first half of the drawing and next day comeback at same time to finish the other half of it. 

Work in progress first day

Work in progress second day

"Playa del Burrero from Gemma's balcony"
by Birsen Ozbilge, Oil pastel on pastel paper, 
12,5" x 9,5" (32 x 24 cm.), July 2015

In these extreme windy days, I try to work in any alternative ways in order to get the plein air experience. See pic below.
work in progress

"Faro de Arinaga" by Birsen Ozbilge, watercolor on paper, 
11" x 8,6" (28 cm. x 22,9 cm.), July 2015

I have been working on a still-life oil painting for a while. Finally I completed this piece called "Turkish coffee". All the objects are gifts from my mother except the wooden peg. A 150 years old antique pink silk shawl which was a gift to my grandmother from her father-in-law once and later on a gift to my mother from her. My mother also gave this beautiful shawl to me for my dowry in the 80's. She was very happy seeing all these things that I was using them for my painting. I filmed and edited the work in progress and shared it at my YouTube Channel (watch it below). This piece is available at my SHOP. I accept all major credit cards and ship worldwide with tracking number. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great week!

Work in progress

Detail

"Turkish Coffee" by Birsen Ozbilge, 
Oil on canvas sheet, 42 x 29,5  cm
 Available, click on SHOP to purchase


Watch this still-life Oil painting demo clip


* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Click on comments to leave your opinion, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment