Monday, February 6, 2017

Wednesday mood: The last print in the series of "Moods of the weekdays"

I have been busy lately for promoting my first raffle project "Win an Artwork". 10 people already joined and it will happen on next Wednesday the 8th. I will announce the winner live on my FB Page around 12:00 PM noon (New York Time). If you haven't heard about it yet for some reason, maybe you skipped it on my social networks or you joined the mailing list recently, so this is your chance to still participate... You can win the linocut artwork below. Read to agree at http://bit.ly/WinAnArtwork and simply put a post comment saying "I am in". Shortly after, I will confirm your participation and send your submission PayPal link.


Last week I worked on a new linocut piece called "Wednesday mood", which is the last one in the series of "Moods of the weekdays". It's curious, but it was on a Wednesday afternoon at the studio I was having my lunch snack and suddenly I got inspired, so I started to sketch my panini sandwich with my silly cat napkin ring and fuzzy lemonade on a imaginary seascape background (see pic). Next, I reversed the image on my light board and then transferred it to the lino sheet. I started to carve the lino later that night, then I continued carving the next day for another session. By the late afternoon I made a sneak peak rough print with a graphite stick. It's very helpful to see what needs to carve more in this stage (see pic). When I was ready to print, I cut my printmaking paper. I use Rives cream printmaking paper, it has velvety texture, smooth and hold the ink perfectly. I have been using a water-based Italian Pongo Filo brand black ink (see pic) which is very good, but they don't sell in my local market anymore. So I am in search of a new water-based printing ink. The good news is recently I became a member of a great FB group called "Linocut Friends" where linocut artists share their experiences, talk about linocut materials, lots of good stuff...

Work in progress

water-based ink I am using now

"Wednesday mood" by Birsen Ozbilge, 2017
Original limited edition handmade linocut print
(Edition of 25 only)
Paper size 8" x 6" (20 x 16 cm.)
Image size 4" x 6" (15 x 10 cm.)
Available, click on SHOP

I prepared a video clip with the whole prints of "Moods of the weekdays". Enjoy it now! Have a great week


Click on video to watch
(If you have difficulties to see the videoclip click on this link below
https://youtu.be/Bjxxvk22HrU )

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Reply with a comment if you liked this.

* Join to my weekly newsletter mailing list.