Thursday, February 1, 2018

Latest Project: Chinese Teapot Set & Museum Visit

Hi Everyone,

I was busy working these days for my latest painting series "Kitchen Stories". The latest piece in this series is a Chinese teapot and cup. My husband brought this tea set from China many years ago. Every morning we drink a cup of green tea since we read an article about its enormous benefits. I highly recommend it.

Lately I am painting with limited color palette and enjoying it a lot. In this project I used 5 colors; Black, White, Prussian blue, Pizarro Yellow Medium and Raw Umber. (see pic below) It seems like more difficult when you do not see all the colors on your palette. On the other hand, there are certain colors you really don't need to use if you are using another color already contains it. For example I didn't use Red but I used Raw Umber which is a Reddish-Brown earth pigment that contains iron oxide and manganese oxide. 


Work in progress

Limited color palette

"Yellow teapot and cup", oil on canvas sheet, 8.5" x 6"

The other day I visited a very good exhibition at San Martín Museum in Las Palmas City. "Los Pasos Perdidos" is a collective exhibition of six Canarian artists, who began exhibiting during the 20's and later on they were forgotten for many years. If you will be in Vegueta area these days, don't miss it. It will be open till February 18th. 

A beautiful painting by Cirilo Suárez at San Martín Museum

I recently prepared a PDF E-book of 14 drawings from my "Ars Longa Vita Brevis" exhibition. If you wish to see this catalog please let me know. See you soon, take care to all!

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Reply with a comment if you liked this.


No comments:

Post a Comment