Thursday, July 2, 2015

New Oil Pastel Drawing "Kitchen Stories", now is Available at the SHOP

Last Sunday, we were invited for a dinner at one of our dear friend's summer apartment in Burrero. As I have the confidence to my friend, I took the oil pastels with me, knowing that I will create another kitchen story from our lives in this peaceful and lovely place. Since my friend is an easy going person who cooks and entertains her hosts at the same time, in the mean time, I set the composition and layed the tonal degrees of the main objects with pastels and also I took several reference photos before my light disappeared. Later on I used for a reference in order to complete the piece. When you draw from live objects, you show your personal eye perspective view on the composition. However the camera objective is mostly distorts the objects and gives awkward perspectives. Same thing with the colors... The best is paint what you see not copy from a picture. 


work in progress

detail


"Kitchen Stories" by Birsen Ozbilge, June 2015
Oil pastel on pastel paper, 9,5" x 12,5" (24 x 32 cm.) SOLD
Available as limited edition reproduction print.
12" x 16" on an acid-free heavy-weight matte paper made in USA.
To see details click on SHOP

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Click on comments to leave your opinion, thanks.

* Join to my weekly newsletter mailing list.