Thursday, July 2, 2015

New Oil Pastel Drawing "Kitchen Stories"

Last Sunday, we were invited for a dinner at one of our dear friend's summer apartment in El Burrero. As I have the confidence to my friend, I took the oil pastels with me, knowing that I will create another kitchen story artwork from our lives in this peaceful and lovely place. Since my friend is an easy going person who cooks and entertains her guests at the same time, in the mean time, I set the composition and layed the tonal degrees of the main objects with pastels and also I took several reference photos before my light got disappeared. Later on I used them for reference pics in order to complete it. When you draw from live objects, you use your personal eye perspective view in the composition. However the camera objectives distort the objects and give awkward perspectives. Same thing with the colors, it can trick your eye... The best is paint what you see first, not copy completely from a picture. 


work in progress

detail


"Kitchen Stories" by Birsen Ozbilge, June 2015
Oil pastel on pastel paper, 9,5" x 12,5" (24 x 32 cm.) SOLD


* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Click on comments to leave your opinion, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment