Monday, August 17, 2009

Bringing Out A New Artlog!

Welcome to my new blog;
"Birsen Ozbilge - Contemporary Art"
I have been thinking about to start an artlog long time ago. Well, finally today I found the strength to deal with the building process. It wasn't too complicated but to give the blog a modern and unique look took many hours, of course, it was worthy.
Lately, I am working on a new drawing project called "Ars Longa Vita Brevis" (Art is long, Life is short). I used Prismacolor Premium Coloured pencils on Gvarro 224 gr. Aquarelle paper and attached mixed media to the paper, stringed silver coloured plastic beads with letters on them. The beads tell famous Latin Proverbs, I am sure you have heard many of them once in your life time. Carpe Diem, Homo Homini Lupus, Cogito Ergo Sum etc...
I wanted to say something with my artwork but this point somehow everything came up to my mind was so cliché and I found this idea to bring wisdom from ancient to modern times using famous sayings and mottoes. While I was choosing them, I selected the ones just telling the simple truth and make sense with everyone's judgement. Also, I did a transition on the subjects while I was drawing, another words to say, I completed the whole figure by different working valued stages. Closer to the beads you'll see more realistic work done. So I worked on the hands more detailed and on the face just worked with simple lines and finally left with mid toned plane background.

Here now, you are viewing few of my finished drawings from this series. More posts will come soon and some of my work on progress drawings as well. Thanks for visiting my artlog.

* Click on the images to see them larger.
* Click at the bottom of this page on COMMENTS to leave an opinion.


"Ars Longa Vita Brevis" ( Art is long, Life is short )
Coloured pencil on paper with mixed media, 2009
16"x 11" ( 40 cm. x 30 cm. )
"Cogito Ergo Sum" ( I think therefore I am )
Coloured pencil on paper with mixed media, 2009
16"x 11" ( 40 cm. x 30 cm. )


-->
"Omnia Causa Fiunt" ( Everything has a reason )
Coloured pencil on paper with mixed media, 2009
16"x 11" ( 40 cm. x 30 cm. )

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, I think "Omnia Causa Fiunt" rocks! Good job. I loved them beter then your cactus series. Hope to see them in your exhibition ideally in Ist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dilek,
    I was in deep sleep in the cactus series. I guess I am awake now... :P

    Kisses

    Birsen

    ReplyDelete