Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter Monday! Painting from El Muelle Gran Canaria


Semana Santa in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 2015
Foto by El Colleccionista de Instantes

Semana Santa (Holy week) started with "ProceciĆ³n de la Burrita Domingo de Ramos" in the city of Las Palmas on 29th of March. Close to 5000 people attended to this religious ceremonial walk. As you can see, Jesus figure riding with donkey which looked like to me framed by the famous Canarian artist Martin Chirino's sculpture in Triana Street. The island has many of his sculptures but this particular one illustrates us such special visual moments that I really enjoy.

Last week many people left the city for vacation of "la puente" (the bridge= a long weekend vacation). Taking advantage of this quite moments. I painted with my watercolors en plein air from Centro Comercial de El Muelle (the shopping center of the port). It was a beautiful day, I really disconnected from real world, more than an hour by myself just painting. Only few tourists came by and watched me for a short time which made me a little bit nerveous but it was ok. 

Working with watercolors


"View from El Muelle" by Birsen Ozbilge
watercolor, 11" x 8,6" (28 cm. x 22,9 cm.)

In the studio, the latest still-life oil painting is almost done, few details left. Because, I had to finish a few freelance job during last week, I was able to work only two sessions. The next project is waiting for me to start, I am going to share the stages soon. Have a great week!

Work in progress

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Click on comments to leave your opinion, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment