Monday, February 6, 2017

Wednesday mood: The last print in the series of "Moods of the weekdays"

I was on a Wednesday afternoon at the studio and having my lunch snack. While I was thinking about my next linocut project, I found myself sketching my panini sandwich with my silly cat napkin ring and the lemonade (see pic). I added an imaginary background and reversed the image on my light board, then transferred it to the lino sheet. I started to carve the lino later that night, then I continued carving the next day for another session. By the late afternoon I made a sneak peak rough print with a graphite stick. It's very helpful to see what needs to carve more in this stage (see pic). When I was ready to print, I cut my printmaking paper. I use Rives cream printmaking paper, it has velvety texture, smooth and hold the ink perfectly. I have been using a water-based Italian Pongo Filo brand black ink (see pic) which is very good, but they don't sell in my local market anymore. So I am in search of a new water-based printing ink. The good news is recently I became a member of a great FB group called "Linocut Friends" where linocut artists share their experiences, talk about linocut materials, lots of good stuff...

Work in progress

water-based ink I am using now

"Wednesday mood" by Birsen Ozbilge, 2017
Original limited edition handmade linocut print
(Edition of 25 only)
Paper size 8" x 6" (20 x 16 cm.)
Image size 4" x 6" (15 x 10 cm.)
Available, click on SHOP

I prepared a video clip with the whole prints of "Moods of the weekdays". Enjoy it now! Have a great week


Click on video to watch
(If you have difficulties to see the videoclip click on this link below
https://youtu.be/Bjxxvk22HrU )

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Reply with a comment if you liked this.

No comments:

Post a Comment