Wednesday, July 15, 2020

ACEO Clown portrait #175 "Sergej Maslennikov"

Clown #175  "Sergej Maslennikov"
acrylic on paper, 
2 ½” x 3 ½” (64 x 89 mm), 2020

ACEO Clown portrait #175 is a homage to very talented and unique clown of famous Roncalli Circus "Sergej Maslennikov". Sadly he passed away recently, R.I.P :( Sergej was a juggler, actor and he had an excellent sense of humor. He moved from St. Petersburg to Germany in 1993, he already had a good career as an artist: juggler in the St. Petersburg Circus, graduation from the state drama school, tour with its drama group through Europe, member of the St. Petersburg clown ensemble. Once in an interview he told about how he become a clown such as "I'm not a clown and I don't know what clowning is (laughs). I grew up in the village of Derschiwka near Gorki (Russia). I learned juggling and went bad at school because I really wanted to perform. When I got bored, I moved to Leningrad (later St. Petersburg). I graduated from the State Institute for Theater, Music and Cinematography there. Even now, I'm not a clown, I'm an actor. At Roncalli, I play the crazy prop, who plays tricks." 

"Sergej Maslennikov"

work in progress

Join me on Patreon and Become a Patron! That means you will be supporting my ACEO miniature clown portraits project and at the same time, you will have the chance to collect all the clown portraits.

Become a Patron!

No comments:

Post a Comment