Monday, March 14, 2016

“Choose only one master – Nature” –Rembrandt. New linocut print is available!


Last weekend I was out sketching from the lovely Tufia coast in Gran Canaria.

View point called "Lugar punta de mala gato" ( Bad cat point place)

"View from Lugar punta de mala gato" pencil on sketchbook

*******************************************************

Last week I worked on another linocut. I wanted to create a night scene with the moon with addition of a few objects and a cat. Once I drew the sketch, I go through on stages to simplify the design in order to be able carve it properly on lino.

work in progress carving the lino

pressing the paper with the wooden spoon

Pulling out the print

"The Message", by Birsen Ozbilge, 2016
Limited Edition hand pulled reduction linocut print ( Edition 1 of 25)
Paper size 6.5" x 9" ( 17 x 22 cm.)
Image size 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm.)
Available, click on SHOP



* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Click on comments to leave your opinion, thanks.

* Join to my weekly newsletter mailing list.
Link: http://bit.ly/ACreativeJournalofanArtist-Sign-up

No comments:

Post a Comment