Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring is on its way! Check out the new multicolor linocut "El Pinzón", a local bird from Gran Canaria

Sketching the view from Gemma's the kitchen window

Playa del Burrero, pencil on sketchbook

*******************************************

Last week I worked for a new linocut project called "El pinzón". It is a local bird from our island. Also I designed the composition with the emblematic rocks of Gran Canaria, "El roque Nublo", "La rana" and " El Fraile" from Tejeda village, at the peak of the island. It is a reduction linoprint which means that after each layer more of the plate is cut away, so there is no going back and the print cannot be repeated.

Carved for the 1st layer 

Cut the paper ans set the registration board, ready to print first layer

Inking the lino for the first layer

Carved for the 2nd layer

Inked the plate for the 2nd layer

I repeated carving, inking and the printing proccess for 3 more times. If you have noticed I did not add on the print my carved initial signature, because it was not good enough for me, so I covered it with tape (see pic above) while printing each color.

Prints are drying 

Pulling the 5th and the last layer of the print.

At the end I selected only 9 copies of the final print and gave them a few last touch with the brush and black ink. Each one is signed and numbered with pencil on the front of the print. Ready to ship directly from my studio safely packed and registered mail. Available, click on ETSY Shop 

"El Pinzón", by Birsen Ozbilge, 2016
Limited Edition hand pulled reduction linocut print ( Edition 1 of 9)
Paper size 6.5" x 8.5" ( 17 x 20 cm.)
Image size 4" x 6" (10 x 15 cm.)
Available, contact me for purchase details

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Click on comments to leave your opinion, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment