Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Salud, Dinero y Amor

Work in progress

Last weekend we were invited for a Paella lunch at our friends place in El Burrero. After the meal, I decided to paint with oil pastels. This time I chose three main objects; a mango, a wine bottle and a rose flower, which represent "Salud, dinero y amor" (health, fortune and love) in this painting. Additionally I added a complementary object, a scent candle which represents "wishing all these three. (see pic above) I used a heavy-weight draft paper which holds the layers very well. My oil pastels are artist grade Cray-Pas 50 color set. Additionally I used a black pastel pencil to create sharp edges in some areas. But I kept the colors of the objects soft and not competing each other, in other way of saying I tried to keep the harmony of the colors. I softly layered 2 colors and 3 colors in some areas and avoid to smudge too much as I like to give the viewer to enjoy the oil pastel texture. I hope you enjoy it, if you have any questions leave in the comments please. Have a great week!

finished artwork


"Salud, Dinero y Amor " by Birsen Ozbilge
Oil Pastel on Craft Paper, 24 x 32 cm



* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Reply with a comment if you liked this.

No comments:

Post a Comment