Monday, March 9, 2015

How I celebrated the Women's Day 8th of March

Last week we had hazy days, sand was in the air. Few times a year, when Saharan Air Layer, SAL passes over the Canary Islands where the phenomenon is named "Calima" and manifests as a fog that reduces visibility and deposits a layer of dust over everything. Obviously it is not enjoyable to be outside in those days. This extreme weather condition fortunately doesn't occur very often and when it happens, for those few days we avoid going out too much. So, not being able to work outdoors, I set a still-life composition at the studio, using an antique seltzer bottle and a Canarian handmade ceramic bowl with locally grown lemons from Fataga. In addition to these objects, I displayed one of my self-portrait painting under the table. This painting had been exhibited in a collective show called "El 3er Grito de la Mujer" (The third shout of the woman) on 8th of March, 2013, World Women's day and it gained more than $50 donation for "Nueva Futura", a non-profit foundation for helping abused women. See pic. below.

Exhibition opening with a Canarian Artist Zoraida Rodriguez (right)
Ábreme por favor by Birsen Ozbilge
Oil on canvas with 99 detachable magnet pins (donated each for $1)

Work in progress for Still-Life painting

A good news from last week! I received many visits at my shop, as a result, I am delighted to say I SOLD my plein air painting "View from Las Terrazas". I shipped it already, it's on its way to NYC, my second hometown where I lived for 7 years. If you want to check it out what's available click on SHOP . Have a wonderful week!


"View from Las Terrazas" by Birsen Ozbilge, 
acrylic on canvas, 33 × 24 cm, 2015 (SOLD)

* Click on the images to see them larger.

* Click on comments to leave your opinion, thanks.

* Follow me @ my new Instagram Page



No comments:

Post a Comment