Friday, July 26, 2019

New Linocut Print! "Bip the Clown" (Marcel Marceau)

"Bip the Clown" 
Limited Edition Linocut Print, 
6" x 8", water-based ink on paper, 2019

There is no doubt that Marcel Marceau (1923 –2007) is considered the world's greatest contemporary mime artist and a true legend. He once said "Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us all without words?" Marceau created many personalities. The most famous of these is probably "Bip the clown". I was fortunate to see his performance in 2007 shortly before he passed away. He was 84 years old/young and so dynamic and marvelous on the stage. If you haven't seen his mime performance watch it here at this link. This linocut I created is homage to him and his legacy. I hope you like it.

"Bip the Clown" (Marcel Marceau)


Prints are available at my ETSY shop ClickGallery

You can watch my working progress clips on instagram live posts, follow me
@clownsbybirsen

No comments:

Post a Comment