Monday, May 13, 2019

ACEO Clown Portrait #111 "Gino Cumeezi"

Clown #111 "Gino Cumeezi" 
acrylic on paper,  
2 ½” x 3 ½” (64 x 89 mm), 2019


This sympathetic face, ACEO clown portrait #111 is inspired by  "Gino Cumeezi" aka Eric Trules . He was founder and director NYC’s Resident Clown Troupe, the Cumeezi Bozo Ensemble in the late 70's which was a unique, a professional company of silent white faced performers dedicated to bringing "Free Public Laughs" to the residents of the city. More info at this website. Mr. Trules is not performing as a clown anymore. He was teaching at USC  in the School of Dramatic Arts for 31 years until he quit his job a few years ago.  I watched his talk at TEDx "The train of opportunity" and liked it very much.

Gino in NYC in the 70's.
(Thanks to Mr. Trules allowing me to share these pictures)

work in progress

If you like my artworks join me on Patreon and Become a Patron! You will be supporting a living artist and getting rewards such as originals, digital printables and you will see the finished artworks before they published anywhere else with step-by-step work in progress pics to your e-mail.
Become a Patron!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Portrait. How did you discover me and Gino Cumeezi????

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! I am glad you liked it :) I discovered through Google search. I put keywords "NYC Clowns" and find it for me http://www.cumeezi.com on the results. I sent you DM for a favor earlier, perhaps you didn't noticed it yet. Do you mind If I can share a few pics of Gino here? Thanks

    ReplyDelete